Friday, June 19, 2009

ALCOVES: Is there an "Art of Pleasing"?





The Training
of a
Pleasure Slave

Slave training was not uncommon on Gor. It was, in fact, a matter of importance and spoke of often in the scrolls. A red silk slavegirl was expected to know the fine art of pleasing... as is spoken of in Dancer of Gor:

"Too, of course, we were taught our place and proper relations to men. A significant portion of our training was intimate and erotic, or sexual and sensual in nature, ranging from such things as make-up, body ornamentation, cosmetics and perfumes, to techniques, psychological and physical, generally a combination of both of pleasing men. In the latter range of our studies, some of the girls were even instructed in the rudiments of what, perhaps for lack of a better word might be described, using the Earth expression ... as “ethnic dance”. "

From the scrolls...


"...sexuality is... almost entirely a function of the imagination and brain. The slave girl nows she is a slave ... and that passion is not only permitted to her but required of her. Indeed, she may be whipped or slain if she is insufficiently passionate ... her sexuality is impressed on her in a thousand, subtle ways. Certain modes of speech are expected of her and certain gestures and postures. She must for example address free persons deferentially and commonly, kneel in their presence. Her garb, too, is commonly distinctive, usually inexpensive and brief, sometimes only a rag, designed to remind her of her lowliness and to leave little doubt to her charms. Her throat is encircled by a collar which will identify her Master. Sometimes, too, the collar will bear the name by which he has decided to call her and her thigh or some other part of her body, will be branded. (Rogue of Gor, pages 169-170)



One commands and uses a slave totally. That is what they are
for. They must serve completely. They must deliver, at so little as a word or gesture, immediately and unquestioningly, whatever the master desires. One gets from a slave all that a man could possibly want from a woman, and more, simply taking it from her, or ordering her to provide it."
(Mercenaries of Gor, page 403)




"The lessons of which the man had spoken were not all linguistic, of course. I had also received lessons in the proper performance of domestic services, such as cooking, sewing, laundering, cleaning, and such. Other lessons were almost lessons in customs, manners, and decorum. For example, we were taught how to serve at a table, deferentially, skillfully, unobtrusively and for the most part, silently. How to move and walk and kneel and rise, gracefully, and even such tiny interesting things as how to pick u a fallen object by crouching down, retrieving it, rather than bending over. We were being taught it seemed to be graceful and beautiful. Too, of course, we were taught our place and proper relations to men. A significant portion of our training was intimate and erotic, or sexual and sensual in nature, ranging from such things as make-up, body ornamentation, cosmetics and perfumes, to techniques, psychological and physical, generally a combination of both of pleasing men. In the latter range of our studies some of the girls were even instructed in the rudiments of what, perhaps for lack of a better word might be described, using the Earth expression ... as “ethnic dance.” (Dancer of Gor, pages 69-70)




...sexuality is .. almost entirely a function of the imagination and brain. The slave girl knows she is a slave...and that passion is not only permitted to her but required of her. Indeed, she may be whipped or slain if she is insufficiently passionate. ... her sexuality is impressed on her in a thousand, subtle ways. Certain modes of speech are expected of her and certain gestures and postures. She must for example address free persons deferentially and , commonly kneel in their presence. Her garb too, is commonly distinctive, usually inexpensive and brief, sometimes only a rag, designed to remind her of her lowliness and to leave little doubt to her charms. Her throat is encircled by a collar which will identify her Master, sometimes too, the collar will bear the name by which he has decided to call her and her thigh or some other part of her body, will be branded. (Rogue of Gor, pages 169-170)




Slavers often deprive a female slave of a mans touch for 2 to 3 days before her sale. She almost invariably brings a higher price.. Her need, manifested in her piteous display of herself, in her physical attitudes, her gestures and expressions, is evident and often amusing to the buyers. (Rogue of Gor, page 171)




She had immediately knelt, for she was in the presence of a free man...she had suddenly dropped her eyes. I saw a tiny movement in her hands, on her thighs, as though she would turn them, exposing the palms to me, but then she pressed them down her thighs, hard. I crouched beside her. Then I smiled. I smelled slave heat. (Explorers of Gor, page 81)




In a slaver house, training is done by use of what is called a stimulation cage, someone ornate, but always barred, roomy except for low ceiling, about 5 feet high. a girl housed in such a cage is not permitted to look into the eyes of any male, this it to make the girl extremely conscious of males. a girl is taught living senses and to have a living body.. to be much more passionate and alive.. her skin an extensive organ, every bit alive and wanting, feeling, needing. (Tribesman of Gor, page )




At a gesture from my master I knelt. I did so in the manner in which I had been taught, back on my heels, back straight, hands on thighs, head high, chin up. I did not neglect a further detail. I spread my knees, widely. It was the position, of course, as I would later learn, of the Gorean pleasure slave. (Slave Girl of Gor, page 78)




I looked at the girl. I nodded to her to approach me. She did so. I held my left hand open, at my waist. She stiffened, and looked at me, angrily. I opened and closed my left hand once. I saw her training in Gorean customs had been thorough. But she never thought that such a gesture would be used to her. She came beside me, and a bit behind me, and, crouching, put her head down, deeply. I fastened my hand in her hair. She winced. Women are helpless in this position. (Beasts of Gor, page 409)




One commands and uses a slave totally. That is what they are for. They must serve completely. They must deliver, at so little as a word or gesture, immediately and unquestioningly, whatever the master desires. One gets from a slave all that a man could possibly want from a woman, and more, simply taking it from her, or ordering her to provide it." (Mercenaries of Gor, page 403)





A Story from the Scrolls, detailing some of the Gorean methods for training a slave... complete with training manuals...

"You said you were no stranger to scrolls," I said.

"To some, Master," she said. "I did not mean to be arrogant. If I have not been pleasing, lash me."

"Have you read," I asked, "the Manuals of the Pens of Mira, Leonora’s Compendium, the Songs of Dina, or Hargon’s The Nature and Arts of the Female Slave?"

"No, Master," she said eagerly.

**Such texts, and numerous others, like them, are sometimes utilized in a girl’s training, particularly by professional slavers. Sometimes they are read aloud in training sessions by a scribe, a whip master in attendance. Most girls are eager to acquire such knowledge. Indeed, they often ply one another for secrets of love, makeup, costuming, perfuming, dance, and such, as each wishes to be as perfect for her master as lies within her power to be. Also of course, such diligence if prudential on her part. She will be lashed if she is not pleasing. Also, her very life, literally, is in his hands. Perhaps a word is in order pertaining to the Songs of Dina. Some free women claim that this book, which is supposedly written by Dina, "a slave," which continues to appear in various editions and revision, because of its intelligence and sensitivity, is actually, and must be, written by a free woman. I suspect, on the other hand, that it is truly by a slave, as is claimed on the title page. There are reasons for this. First, "Dina" is a common slave name, often given to girls with the "Dina" brand, which is a small roselike brand. Second, the nature of the songs themselves. No free woman could have sung the chains and love and the lash, and the glory of masters as she. Those are songs which, in my opinion, could be written only by a woman who knew what it was to be at a man’s slave ring. As to the matter of the poetess’ intelligence and sensitivity, I surely grant them to the free woman, but maintain that such are entirely possible in a slave, and even more to be expected in her then in then. I suspect their position may even be inconsistent. When a woman is enslaved, for example, surely they do not suppose that her intelligence and sensitivity disappear. Surely they would not expect theirs to do so, if they had them. No, she still has them. Also it has been my personal experience, for what it is worth, that slaves are almost always more intelligent and sensitive than free women, who often, at least until taken in hand, tend to be ignorant, smug, vain and stupid. Also, it might be noted that many woman are enslaved not simply because if it convenient to do so, the ropes are handy, so to speak, or because they are beautiful of face and figure, but actually because of their intelligence and sensitivity, qualities which appeal to many Gorean men. Indeed, such qualities commonly raise a girl’s price. Also, as I have suggested, the intelligence and sensitivity of many women actually tends to blossom in bondage, finding within it the apt environment for its expression, for its flowering. This may have to do with such matters as the release of inhibitions, happiness, fulfillment, and such. I do not know.

"What of the Prition of Clearchus of Cos?" I asked.

"A Cosian?" said Marcus.

"Yes," I said.

"That will not be found in Ar," he said.

"It used to be," I said, "at least before the war."

"Yes, Master," she beamed. "I have read it!"

"You, a free girl, have read it?" I asked. To be sure the book is a classic.

"Yes, Master," she smiled.

"Does your father know you have read it?" I asked.

"No, Master," she said.

"What do you suppose he would do to you, if he found out?" I asked.

"I think he would sell me, Master," she said.

"And appropriately," I said.

"Yes, Master," she smiled.

"Stand," I said. "Turn about. Cross your wrists behind you."

"Yes, Master!" she said eagerly, complying.

"Oh!" she said, bound.

"Turn about," I said.

Swiftly she did so, and looked shyly up at me. She tested the fiber on her wrists, subtly, attempting to do so inconspicuously, trying its snugness and strength, its effectiveness. She put down her head and suddenly, inadvertently, shuddered with pleasure. I had used capture knots. She knew herself helpless. I supposed it was the first time she had ever been bound.

(Magicians of Gor, pages 192-196)

No comments:

Post a Comment