Wednesday, June 17, 2009

ALCOVES: What does it mean to "Light the Lamp of Love"?

Inside the Alcoves:

She looked at me, agonized. She rose to her feet and, scarcely able to move, numbly, went to the alcove. She could not bring herself to enter, through the red curtains. I took her by the left arm and thrust her within, onto the furs at my feet. I then turned about and drew shut the curtains, hooking them shut. I then turned to face her. She sat, numbly, on the furs, her knees drawn up. I took the ankle ring and chain which lay at the right corner of the alcove, as you enter. the chain is about a yard long and runs to a ring bolted in the floor. There are similar chains in the floor, opposite the red curtains. In the left handed corner of the room, as you enter, of course, on its chain, is another ankle ring. At the far corners of the room, of course, the chains terminate with wrist rings. In the center of the wall, near the floor, opposite the curtains, the chain terminates with a collar. there are provisions for lengthening and shortening the chains. All these devices work from locks, answering to a common key, which hangs high on the wall, toward the back and left, as you enter. Needless to say that key cannot be reached by the prisoner if even one of the chains is fastened upon her. Near that common key, which hangs on a peg, there is a second peg. From the second peg hangs a slave whip. (Rogue of Gor, page 174)


What is found in the alcoves?


The Oil Lamp
The slavegirl enters and 'lights the lamp of love', placing it in the window of the alcove:
"When a Master wishes to make use of a slave girl he tells her to light the lamp of love which she obediently does, placing it in the window of his chamber that they may not be disturbed.." (Priest-Kings of Gor, page 68)




Luxurious "Love Furs" upon the floor

"Then with his own hand he throws upon the floor of his chamber luxurious love furs, perhaps from the larl itself, and commands her to them.." (Priest-Kings of Gor, page 68)


"The alcove, with its enclosing, curved walls, was only about four feet high and five feet wide. It was lit by one small lamp set in a niche in the wall. It was lined with red silk, and floored with love furs and cushions, the furs being better then some six to eight inches deep. (Assassins of Gor, page 22)

She knelt in the position of the pleasure slave, back in the alcove, on the scarlet furs, in the light of the small lamp.
(Rogue of Gor, page 16)



Slave bindings, chains, a collar, a whip & more


"I took the ankle ring and chain which lay at the right corner of the alcove...There are similar chains in the floor, opposite the red curtains...on its chain, is another ankle ring... the chains terminate with wrist rings.... In the center of the wall, near the floor, opposite the curtains, the chain terminates with a collar. There are provisions for lengthening and shortening the chains... From the second peg hangs a slave whip. (Rogue of Gor, page 174)

"There was more Gorean applause as I followed her and, turning, from the inside, drew shut the curtains of the alcove. When I had buckled them shut from the inside I turned to face the girl. She knelt in the position of the pleasure slave, back in the alcove, on the scarlet furs, in the light of the small lamp. I looked about, there were some chains in the alcove, and a coil of rope, and a whip.


"If Master desires special equipment," she said, "it will be provided by Busebius."

"There is more then enough here to tame you," I said.." (Rogue of Gor, page 13)



`la kajira dreams' reflections...

In the alcoves...
please do not touch me as though I might break!


"I moaned. I did not want polite love. I wanted to know that I was in the hands of a man who was capable of being excited, and who I excited, who found me truly marvelous, to whose fury of power I appeared, whose fierce and voracious appetites I triggered. I wanted to be in the arms of a true man. I did not want to be possibly mistaken about whether I had been had or not. I did not want to be touched as though I might break. I did not wish to be in danger of drowsing off during the making of love. I wanted him to own and master me, and whip me if I was not pleasing." (Dancer of Gor, page 250)

Would a Gorean Master .... what slavegirls often refer to as a "real Master" .... would He allow a girl to mistake whether or not she had been used? A girl beseeches the Priest Kings the answer is "No!"


`la kajira dreams!


No comments:

Post a Comment